Thursday, February 20, 2020

I'm Not Playin'




I wish you would have told me...

- That it was cold outside ....so I could have worn a coat and gloves
- That it was raining outside...so I could have worn a hat or grabbed an umbrella
- That there was a lot of chili sauce in the ramen....so I wouldn't have taken such a big spoonful
- That everyone in the room had the flu...so I would have kept a distance
- That the water was low in the radiator....so I would have filled it
- That the invitation said "formal wear"...so I didn't look like an idiot in my shorts
- That there was tax on top of the list price...so I wouldn't have had to leave the store without buying what I wanted

Jesus said...
"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
(John 14:2)

It's like he's saying, "I'm not playin'! This is truth.  You can count on it.  I don't make promises that I don't follow through with, or keep secrets from you in order to surprise you later."

His character is completely authentic.
He is worthy of trust.



No comments:

Post a Comment