I wish you would have told me...
- That it was cold outside ....so I could have worn a coat and gloves
- That it was raining outside...so I could have worn a hat or grabbed an umbrella
- That everyone in the room had the flu...so I would have kept a distance
- That the water was low in the radiator....so I would have filled it
- That the invitation said "formal wear"...so I didn't look like an idiot in my shorts
- That there was tax on top of the list price...so I wouldn't have had to leave the store without buying what I wanted
"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
It's like he's saying, "I'm not playin'! This is truth. You can count on it. I don't make promises that I don't follow through with, or keep secrets from you in order to surprise you later."
His character is completely authentic.
He is worthy of trust.