Monday, August 17, 2026

Clutter


I was witness to a very simple conversation.
A reminder of how uncluttered it all could be.
If our egos were not so big.
And if the spirit of Jesus truly held sway in our hearts and minds.
It went like this:

One person quietly came to another and began,
"I’m sorry for what I said."
And the other replied, 
"It’s okay.  I needed to hear it."
Then it was quiet.
Nothing hanging in the air
                                        except comfort.
Relationship framed by a nod 
                                          and a smile.

Today, I'm asking myself if I am capable of living on each side of that dialogue.
I'm not so naive to think that all things can be resolved in such a manner.
But how many can be?
Can I give room for him to say to the storm inside me, 
                                          "Peace be still!"
                                                                  And I will allow for that to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment